IE/OR Industry Day 2023
- For whom
- students, company representatives, all interested in Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
- Feb. 22, 2023, 1 p.m.
- Huis van de Bouw, Tramstraat 59, Zwijnaarde
- Master program IE/OR, Faculty of Engineering & Architecture, Ghent University
The program committee of the master IEOR at Ghent University is proud to invite you to the "IEOR Industry Day 2023", where master students present their research and meet the partners from industry. On Wednesday afternoon, 22 February 2023 you are cordially invited to join us for this online event at Huis van de Bouw.
- For companies: companies will have the opportunity to present themselves as well as any thesis topics, internships or career opportunities they have available
- For students: 2nd-year IEOR students will present their thesis research in a poster session. Instructions can be found below. 1st-year IEOR students can talk to companies and university staff about next year's thesis topics.
- For researchers: researchers in the broad field of IEOR can present their recent results during the poster session as well.
- For the general public: curious about the master Industrial Engineering & Operations Research? Interested in studying the master IEOR yourself next year? Don't hesitate to come and meet us.
To confirm your attendance, please register via this link: https://event.ugent.be/registration/IEORINDUSTRYDAY22022023.
The 2023 IEOR Industry takes place in Huis van de Bouw, Tramstraat 59, 9052 Ghent, immediately adjacent to the campus.
- 13:00 – 14:30: meet-and-greet 1st year students with companies
14:00 – 14:30: 2nd year students + researchers: build-up of the poster stands
- 14:30 – 15:30: meet-and-greet 1st year students with thesis supervisors
meet-and-greet 2nd year students with companies
- 15:30 – 16:30: Poster session for:
2nd year students: thesis projects
PhD students and postdoc researchers: ongoing research in Industrial Engineering , Operations Research and related fields
- 16:30 – 18:00: networking reception
- Concurrently, throughout the afternoon: information session about the master IEOR for interested future students.
Guidelines for students
Attendance for all students of the master IEOR is mandatory:
- Specifically, in case you do a master thesis this year we ask that you register for the IEOR Industry Day and attend. Also, as part of your official thesis defense, prepare a poster about your thesis research and present it during the event. The following are some useful guidelines and recommendations:
- The poster introduces your thesis research: What is the context of your study? What questions do you try to answer? What data do you have available? What methods do you (want to) use? Are there preliminary conclusions? What are the further prospects of this research? Even when the thesis project is still in a very early phase, the poster can give an outline of its context and problem situation.
- Submit the poster in PDF or PowerPoint no later than Sunday 19 February to PeggyDesmet@ugent.be. We will print it and bring it to the event on Wednesday.
- A poster template in PowerPoint is available here, or use the faculty's template found here. These are not mandatory templates however, you can use your own visual style.
- Discuss the content of the poster with your supervisors and get their approval before submitting the poster. If you have a non-disclosure agreement with a company, be absolutely sure to get approval from the company supervisor first (!)
- If you do the master thesis next year, you also need to register and come to the event. During the afternoon, we will give an overview of next year's thesis subjects that you can choose. You can personally meet the supervisors (Ghent University or from companies) and ask questions.
Guidelines for researchers
The IEOR Industry Day is also an excellent opportunity for researchers in the fields of Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related fields to give visibility to their work. We invite researchers both in and outside Ghent University to present a poster about their ongoing research during the Industry Day.
There are no formal requirements on the content or the format of the poster, and we would be happy to print the poster for you if it is sent to Peggy.Desmet@ugent.be by Sunday 19 February. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information if needed.
Guidelines for companies
To be announced