IEOR Industry Day 2019
- For whom
- Students, companies and individuals interested in the UGent master Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
- March 20, 2019, 1 p.m.
- iGent Tower, Technologiepark-Zwijnaarde 126, 9052 Gent
- Ghent University, Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
The program committee of the master IEOR at Ghent University is proud to announce its second "IEOR Industry Day" where master students present their research and meet the partners from industry. On wednesday afternoon, 20 March 2019 you are cordially invited to join us in the Foyer of the iGent Tower located in the Tech Lane Science Park of Ghent University.
- For companies: companies will have the opportunity to present themselves as well as any thesis topics, internships or career opportunities they have available
- For students: IEOR students will present their thesis research in a poster session. Instructions can be found below.
- For the general public: curious about the master Industrial Engineering & Operations Research? Don't hesitate to come and meet us.
RegistrationRegistration is now closed. For a late registration, please send an email to Peggy De Smet.
The 2nd IEOR Industry takes place in the Foyer of the iGent Tower at Tech Lane Science Park. How to reach iGent Tower?
Afternoon programThroughout the afternoon, students and company representatives have the opportunity to meet and interact in a relaxed atmosphere. All attendees are invited to visit the poster session of the students and ask questions.
- 13:00-16:45 in parallel: Job and internship fair with companies.
- 13:00 Welcome
- 13:30 Poster session of ongoing master thesis projects of IEOR students. Students will answer questions about their research.
- 14:30 Meet-and-greet with promotors of the master thesis topics for next academic year
- 15:30 Speeddating between IEOR students and company representatives
- 16:45 Networking reception
Guidelines for studentsAttendance for all students of the master IEOR is mandatory:
- Specifically, in case you do a master thesis this year we ask that you register for the IEOR Industry Day and attend. Also, as part of your offical thesis defense, prepare a poster about your thesis research and present it during the event. The following are some useful guidelines and recommendations:
- The poster explains your thesis research and tries to address the specialised public. What is the context of your study? What questions do you try to answer? What data do you have available? What methods do you (want to) use? Are there preliminary conclusions? What are the further prospects of this research?
- Submit the poster in PDF or PowerPoint BEFORE friday 15 March to IEOR@ugent.be. We will print it and bring it to the event on wednesday.
- A poster template in PowerPoint is available here, or use the faculty's template found here. These are not mandatory templates however, you can use your own visual style.
- Discuss the content of the poster with your supervisors and get their approval before submitting the poster. If you have a non-disclosure agreement with a company, be absolutely sure to get approval from the company supervisor first.
- If you do the master thesis next year, you also need to register and come to the event. During the afternoon, we will give an overview of next year's thesis subjects that you can choose. You can personally meet the supervisors (Ghent University or from companies) and ask questions.