Industry Day 2024: Supply Chain & Mobility Engineering
- For whom
- students, company representatives, all interested in Supply Chain & Mobility Engineering
- Feb. 21, 2024, 1 p.m.
- Huis van de Bouw, Tramstraat 59, Zwijnaarde
- Master program IE/OR, Faculty of Engineering & Architecture, Ghent University
The program committee of the master IEOR at Ghent University is proud to invite you to the "Industry Day 2024: Supply Chain & Mobility Engineering", where master students present their research and meet the partners from industry. On Wednesday afternoon, 21 February 2024 you are cordially invited to join us for this event at Huis van de Bouw.
- 13:00 – 14:00: in parallel:
meet-and-greet 1st year students with companies
2nd year students set up their poster and discuss each other's work
- 14:00 – 14:30: plenary session
- 14:30 – 15:30: in parallel:
For 1st year students: info session about thesis topics for next year
For 2nd year students: meet-and-greet with companies
- 15:30 – 16:30: Poster session for:
2nd year students: thesis projects
PhD students and postdoc researchers: ongoing research in Industrial Engineering , Operations Research and related fields
- 16:30 – 18:00: networking reception
- Concurrently, throughout the afternoon, for interested new students: information session about the master IEOR and its student association ORlean.
Guidelines for students
Attendance for all students of the master IEOR is mandatory:
- Specifically, in case you do a master thesis this year we ask that you register for the IEOR Industry Day and attend. Also, as part of your official thesis defense, prepare a poster about your thesis research and present it during the event. The following are some useful guidelines and recommendations:
- The poster introduces your thesis research: What is the context of your study? What questions do you try to answer? What data do you have available? What methods do you (want to) use? Are there preliminary conclusions? What are the further prospects of this research? Even when the thesis project is still in a very early phase, the poster can give an outline of its context and problem situation.
- Submit the poster in PDF or PowerPoint no later than Wednesday 14 February to Kurt.DeCock@ugent.be. We will print it and bring it to the event on Wednesday.
- A poster template in PowerPoint is available here, or use the faculty's template found here. These are not mandatory templates however, you can use your own visual style.
- Discuss the content of the poster with your supervisors and get their approval before submitting the poster. If you have a non-disclosure agreement with a company, be absolutely sure to get approval from the company supervisor first (!)
- Inspirational video here
- If you do the master thesis next year, you also need to register and come to the event. During the afternoon, we will give an overview of next year's thesis subjects that you can choose. You can personally meet the supervisors (Ghent University or from companies) and ask questions.
Guidelines for researchers
The Industry Day Supply Chain & Mobility Engineering is also an excellent opportunity for researchers in the fields of Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related fields to give visibility to their work. We invite researchers both in and outside Ghent University to present a poster about their ongoing research during the Industry Day.
Guidelines for companies
To be announced